To begin the day, I went to my cousin Lynda's baby shower. I picked up my mom at her house and then we headed the 20 minutes out to Wixom. It was one of the biggest baby shower's I have ever been to. I'd say there were easily 75 people there, though after sitting through the gift opening I might say that is a conservative estimate. Here's a shot of *some* of the gifts...that's not even all of them:
Anyway, I loved the flower centerpieces. They reminded me a lot of the ones we made for Jenny's bridal shower! Can't go wrong with tulips if you ask me!!!
My cousin isn't finding out the sex of the baby, so everything was decorated in greens and yellows with zoo animal accents. The cupcakes and cookies were sooooo cute, and delicious too!
For lunch they had a soup-in-a-bread-bowl and salad bar. It was all super delicious and the tomato basil soup I had is probably my new favorite soup. My cousin said all the food came from the little hold in the wall cafe by her house that she is in love with. After eating it, I can see why she loves it some much! I, of course, embarrassed myself by flinging soup across the table at my mom accidentally...oops. After lunch and dessert, it was time for gift opening. Here's a shot of Lynda and Jeff attempting to make a dent in the pile of gifts they had:
I had to show you guys this: Since Lynda doesn't know the gender of the baby, one of her friends bought her these:
When all was said and done, it seems like there were a lot of blue gifts given, so I guess most of her friends and relatives are on team blue. I think she's having a girl...but that's just me. My mom and I both were lucky enough to walk out with gifts from the shower. My mom got some delicious smelling handmade soaps and I got the adorable centerpiece. It looks GREAT in my dining room:
And finally, when I got home today I was super excited to see that things are growing!!! Spring must really be here if my yard has greenery. We even have some purple flowers already:
Happy Sunday to everyone!!! I hope the weather was as beautiful for you as it is here (75 and sunny)!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment